Tower Crew Leader
- Operations - Tower
- Camby, IN, USA
- Competitive Pay
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Potential for Bonuses, 401K, Holiday Pay, PTO, etc.
Heartland Solutions Corp., a Midwest leader in the construction and service of wireless communications facilities, is currently hiring experienced tower professionals. Heartland Solutions is investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, and a clear path to advancement. Heartland believes in empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever growing industry.
We are seeking people who live in the Indianapolis area or are willing to relocate to the area. Travel is required, hotel accommodations and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland Solutions.
Tower Crew Leader is a position that requires extensive experience and knowledge in tower construction and communications equipment installation, service and testing. This position leads a crew of 2 or more people and performs various task in tower construction, maintenance, repair, modification and installation and replacement of antennas, radios, coax, fiber optic and other associated equipment at tower, building and specialty locations. The Tower Crew Leader is ultimately responsible and accountable for the work completed by themselves and everyone on their crew. The Tower Crew Leader reports directly to the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be proficient in all the "ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES" of both a Right Hand and Tower Installer plus the below listed items:
• Lead daily JSA and Safety meetings with the people who are working under them
• Inspect all Personal Protective Equipment daily
• Delegate tasks to crew members and hold them accountable to complete them
• Supervise the crew and perform all necessary work to complete the installation of towers, antennas, mounts, coax and all associated equipment in a safe, timely, professional and quality manner
• Positively motivate crew members and keep moral high while working
• Teach the members of your crew the skills that are required for them to become safer, more efficient members of the Heartland Solutions Team
• Obey and assure that all company standards, policies, and procedures are complied with by you and your crew
• Take responsibility for the entire crew and their behavior while working with you
• Responsible for truck, trailer, equipment and all company equipment and material assigned to you
• Responsible for keeping accurate and complete records of the crew's time and expenses for each site
• Assure that all required information, photos, reports, and testing is completed for each closeout prior to leaving the site
• Deliver daily reports/job updates to Operations Manager and any others they may so designate
• Within the designated time allowed, the Crew Leader is responsible for completing and turning in, to the appropriate individuals all required paperwork and other documentation required and requested while work is in progress and at completion of each project
• The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must possess all the "KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES" of both a Right Hand and Tower Installer plus the below listed items:
• Must have knowledge of and be able to work at an acceptable level with a computer and be able to use software programs including Excel, Word, Outlook at a minimum
• Must be able to communicate and interact with your crew and others effectively
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull their own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time.
• Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include: inclement weather, heat and humidity etc.
• Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
• Climbing 100+ feet daily
• Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS):
Must meet all the "MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)" of both a Right Hand and Tower Installer plus the below listed items:
- Must have three or more years of experience in cellular tower construction and maintenance experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- 3+ years of L&A experience with the knowledge of the following:
- Cellular upgrade experience
- Sweep testing experience
- PIM testing experience
- Fiber Testing experience
- LOS tool knowledge
- Trouble shooting
Must meet all the "OTHER REQUIRMENTS" of a Tower Installer and Tower Right-Hand.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this positon, however, the employee will be held responsible for all the duties assigned.
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Check us out www.heartlandsolutions.us
For more information about this position please contact Chad Troyer at 317-455-1158 or email@example.com.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page