- Operations - Tower
- Camby, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Potential for Bonuses, 401K, Holiday Pay, PTO, etc.
Heartland Solutions Corp., a Midwest leader in the construction and service of wireless communications facilities, is currently hiring experienced tower professionals. Heartland Solutions is investing in our personnel with an educational pathway for career advancement. We believe in establishing competitive pay tied directly to knowledge-based level assessment, and a clear path to advancement. Heartland believes in empowering its staff for success in a highly competitive & ever growing industry.
We are seeking people who live in the Indianapolis area or are willing to relocate to the area. Travel is required, hotel accommodations and a daily per diem allowance are provided by Heartland Solutions.
This position performs various tasks in tower construction and communications equipment installation, service and testing. Daily climbing and participating in all safety procedures is required. A right hand must have experience and knowledge in tower climbing and must be able to stand-in for the Crew Leader if he is not available. This position requires that that the Right Hand understands and performs testing on antennas, lines and other components. They also are required to complete all the paperwork and record keeping that is needed on a project, if the Crew Leader is not available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be proficient in all the "ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES" of a Tower Installer and the below listed items:
- Participate and when requested lead daily JSA meetings, safety, and quality tailgate meetings
- Responsible for all Personal Protective Equipment (inspect daily)
- Assist in the training of Tower Installers and fellow crew members on the proper handling, installation and commissioning of the hardware and equipment Heartland Solutions installs
- Must be able to delegate tasks to crew members while working on tower
- Maintain a clean job site and truck and trailer
- Possess and apply the ability to forecast upcoming tasks and prepare for them accordingly
- Participate in testing at sites (Sweeps, PIM's, Fiber).
- Assist the Crew Leader in the completion of daily job reports and with the tracking of crew hours
- Report to Crew Leader daily and work independently with crew to complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Assist the Crew Leader in the timely completion of required paper work and documentation to ensure that the appropriate information, photos, reports, and testing is completed for each closeout prior to leaving the site.
- Climb tower daily and perform all necessary work to complete the installation of towers, antennas, mounts, coax, fiber cable, etc. Including, but not limited to, the following:
- Constructing and decommissioning tower and equipment structures
- Installing, maintain, and troubleshooting new and existing cellular and microwave equipment
- Climbing ladders and structures of various heights
- Rigging Loads
- Running, routing, weather proofing and installation of coax, fiber optic, and power wiring for all equipment
- Ability to maintain a working relationship with vendors and customers in a professional manner
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related duties as requested by the Operations Manager or senior management of the company, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must possess all the "KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES" of a Tower Installer plus the below listed items:
- Basic level of knowledge and ability in using computers and a familiarity with at a minimum the software programs of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read site plans and engineering drawing
- Must be proficient in the use of hand tools and electrical tools i.e., hand drills, impact guns etc.
- Must have the knowledge of knots and know the appropriate use for each type of knot
- Must know crane and tower hand signals and know how to properly use them
- Must be confident and competent in tower rescue
- Must have knowledge of flying steel and be able to layout booms
- Must be knowledgeable in all types of connectors
- Must be knowledgeable in rigging
- Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend, twist, squat and lift 75 lbs. and pull their own body weight plus equipment weight up a vertical tower repeatedly for long periods of time.
- Working outside 52 weeks per year in different parts of the country and in conditions that include: inclement weather, heat and humidity etc.
- Regularly working near moving mechanical parts.
- Climbing 100+ feet daily
- Noise level is generally loud
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
Must meet all the "MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)" of a Tower Installer plus the below listed items:
- Must have experience in cellular tower construction and maintenance
- 1 year of L&A experience in the following:
- Cellular Upgrades
- Sweep Testing
- PIM Testing
- Fiber Testing
- Trouble Shooting
Must meet all the "OTHER REQUIRMENTS" of a Tower Installer.
OUR BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Check us out www.heartlandsolutions.us
For more information about this position please contact Chad Troyer at 317-455-1158 or email@example.com.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media
Share This Page